Here is Low Fat Banana Nut Bread recipe, If you are interested in finding Enjoyable recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 26 slices (2 loaves) person.
Cook Time : 70 minutes | Serving : 26 slices (2 loaves)
- 7 ripe medium bananas (22 oz, 2 2/3 cup, mashed chunky with fork)
- 1/2 cup 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups 13.5 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter (2 oz, softened)
- 1 cup 6 1/2 oz light brown sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 8×5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, add another 1/3 of the flour and blend at low speed, add remaining 1/3 of flour mixture and the bananas and blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 to 52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
Tags : Vegetarian Meals