Here is Banana Split Quinoa Oat Bars recipe, If you are looking for Yummy recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we’re making for 16 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 16 servings
- 1/3 cup quinoa (rinsed well)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups quick rolled oats (use gf oats for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or craisins)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with 2 pieces of foil or parchment paper, criss-crossing over so they fold over the pan; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is barely absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 to 6 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and let it cool completely.
- Mix together the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add mashed bananas, egg, honey, oil and vanilla to the cooked bowl of quinoa and stir until just blended.
- Add the banana mixture to the oats mixture and stir until just blended.
- Mix in dried cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly over the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For best results, refrigerate 20 minutes before cutting.
- Using the liner, lift the mixture from the pan and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 16 bars and refrigerate or freeze to store.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Meals