Here is Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe, If you are looking for Delicious recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly. On this recipe we’re making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : 5 minutes | Serving : 6 servings
- 16 ounce bag of dried split peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 11 ounces (assuming 4 ounces meat removing bone and skin)*)
- Wash the peas and drain.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, carrots, ham hock and chicken broth, then cover the pot and let it come to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and cook for about 2 hours, or until the peas are soft and thickened.
- Make sure to check the liquid and consistency. You may need to add hot water if it becomes too thick.
- Remove ham hock, discard the skin and boned and serve with ham.
Tags : Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly