Here is Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Aji Verde recipe, If you are looking for Delicious recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Low Carb. On this recipe we’re making for 0 person.
Cook Time : 0 minutes | Serving : 0
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 oz beer, I used Corona light
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Aji Verde Sauce
- 2-3 jalapenos, seeded
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- pinch cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 2tablespoons aji amarillo paste
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup whole-milk yogurt or sour cream
- Juice of 12 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Wash chicken and remove all fat.
- Place in a large bowl and season generously with beer, vinegar, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, cumin and oregano.
- Place in a large bag and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag, cut chicken in half and place both halves on a large oven safe baking dish, skin side up.
- Discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and a little more garlic powder and salt and bake at 425 for about 50 minutes, basting with the pan juices half way through.
- To test for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken; the thermometer should read about 160F.
- The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165F, but after the chicken is taken out of the oven it should rise to 165.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- **TO BBQ- If you want to make this chicken on the grill, I would recommend cutting the chicken into individual pieces before you marinate. Position the grill rack 4-6 inches above the fire. Cook covered turning often about 20-25 minutes, until juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife.
Tags : Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Low Carb