Here is Easy Macaroni Casserole recipe, If you are interested in finding Appetizing recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Kid Friendly. On this recipe we are making for 8 servings person.
Cook Time : 15 minutes | Serving : 8 servings
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I used my own homemade)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz uncooked DeLallo whole wheat elbows
- In a large deep non-stick skillet, brown the ground turkey over high heat until cooked through, seasoning with a pinch of salt and breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Set aside on a dish.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, reduce heat to medium and add the onion, red pepper, celery and carrots; saute until the vegetables soft, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Return the turkey to the skillet along with the remaining ingredients except for the pasta and cheese.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While simmering, heat oven to 350F.
- Spoon just enough of the turkey/vegetable mixture to cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Cover with uncooked pasta.
- Spoon remaining sauce mixture evenly over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 8 servings.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Kid Friendly