Here is Crock Pot Bolognese Sauce recipe, If you’re looking for Appetizing recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Slow Cooker Recipes. On this recipe we are making for 20 person.
Cook Time : 375 minutes | Serving : 20
- 4 oz pancetta (chopped (or center cut bacon))
- 1 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1 large white onion (minced)
- 2 celery stalks (about 3/4 cup, minced)
- 2 carrots (about 3/4 cup, minced)
- 2 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 – 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes (I love Tuttorosso)
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- In a large deep saute pan, saute pancetta on low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes. Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase flame to medium-high; add meat, season with salt and pepper and saute until browned. Drain the fat then add wine; cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to crock pot. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper; cover and set slow cooker to LOW 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, adjust salt and pepper to taste, add half half and parsley; stir and serve over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Makes about 10 cups. Leftovers can be frozen for future meals. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator then reheat on the stove or crock pot.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Slow Cooker Recipes