Here is Turmeric Braised Chicken with Golden Beets and Leeks recipe, If you’re interested in finding Appetizing recipe,you can just look with recipe category in Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30 Recipes. On this recipe we are making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 80 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 bunch (4 golden beets with their greens, scrubbed)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken drumsticks (on the bone)
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (on the bone)
- 1/2 cup white wine (swap for chicken broth for whole30/paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the leeks in half lengthwise. Rinse them, fanning out the outer layers to wash away any grit. Slice the cleaned leeks into thin half-moons.
- Remove the greens from the beets. Rinse them and coarsely chop. Halve the beets and cut each section into four wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the leeks, beets, and beet greens together with the garlic, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, ginger, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or casserole pan and arrange in an even layer.
- Add the chicken and the other teaspoon of turmeric to the mixing bowl and toss to coat in the remaining turmeric mixture. Transfer the chicken legs to the baking dish and nestle in the beet mixture.
- Drizzle any of the remaining marinade over the top of the chicken and pour the wine around the sides of the dish.
- Roast, uncovered, until the chicken is fork-tender and the beets are soft, about 1 hour.
Tags : Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30 Recipes