Here is Skinny Slow Cooker Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork) recipe, If you are interested in finding Tasteful recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Gluten Free, Low Carb, Slow Cooker Recipes. On this recipe we are making for 8 servings person.
Cook Time : 15 minutes | Serving : 8 servings
- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast (lean, all fat removed)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 oranges (juice of (1/2 cup))
- 2 limes (juice of)
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits into the pork and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over pork.
- Place in the ceramic part of the crock pot, cover and refrigerate, turning pork occasionally so the marinade covers all of pork.
- The next day, remove the crock pot and cook on low, 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove pork and shred using two forks.
- Remove liquid from crock pot and add pork back to crock.
- Add about 1 cup of the liquid back and adjust salt, pepper and cumin (you will probably need to add more).
- Let it cook another 15-30 minutes.
Tags : Gluten Free, Low Carb, Slow Cooker Recipes