Here is Skinny Queso Dip recipe, If you are looking for Enjoyable recipe,you can just look with recipe category in Gluten Free, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 11 servings person.
Cook Time : 30 minutes | Serving : 11 servings
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 poblano pepper (diced)
- 1-2 jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes with chiles (diced and drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 3/4 cups shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar (Sargento)
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the milk with 3 tbsp of cornstarch to create a slurry; set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat; when hot add oil. Add the onions, garlic, poblano, and jalapeno and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add the chicken broth and the rest of the milk. Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the slurry (cornstarch mixture) to the pan and stir; simmer a minute until it bubbles and thickens, then reduce heat to low.
- Add the drained tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and add the cheese; stir until it melts completely. Serve immediately.
Tags : Gluten Free, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals