Here is Lightened Up Cr?e Br?? French Toast recipe, If you’re looking for Tasty recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : | Serving : 6 servings
- 1 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- cooking spray
- 10 oz Challah bread (sliced 1 inch thick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Meyers rum (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small heavy saucepan melt brown sugar and water over moderate-low heat, stirring, until smooth and melted, about 1 minute, then pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg substitute, milk, vanilla, rum, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt until combined well and pour evenly over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Top with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
Tags : Vegetarian Meals