Here is General Tso’s Chicken recipe, If you’re interested in finding Enjoyable recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes. On this recipe we are making for 4 Servings person.
Cook Time : 20 minutes | Serving : 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 14 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (divided*)
- 14 cup cornstarch (divided)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium scallions (whites and greens separated)
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (plus more for serving)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin*
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons cornstarch and egg white. Toss to combine and set aside while you chop the vegetables.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and chop the scallions. Separate the scallion whites from the greens and set aside greens for garnish.
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallion whites. Saute for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sriracha, and hoisin and whisk to combine. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and whisk sauce until starting to thicken, about 2 minutes. Once thickened, turn heat to low and keep warm while you make the chicken.
- Heat a large wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. In two batches to prevent sticking, add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil then half of the chicken pieces. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until browned on the edges. Flip chicken and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside on a plate and add the remaining oil and chicken as directed.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet or wok, add the sauce to the skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with scallion greens and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with extra sriracha, if desired.
Tags : Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes