Here is Baked Tostones with Mojo Garlic Dipping Sauce recipe, If you are looking for Yummy recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Gluten Free, Kid Friendly. On this recipe we’re making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : | Serving : 4 servings
- 3 medium (3 cups green plantains)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Pam spray
- 1/3 cup sour orange juice (or 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice + 1 tbsp lime juice)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- pinch oregano
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Peel plantains and slice into 1/2 thick slices.
- Place in a bowl and toss with oil and salt.
- Arrange slices on the baking sheet.
- Lightly coat with a little more oil spray on top and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a tostonera (a press), slightly mash each piece to about a quarter of an inch thick. If a tostonera is not available, insert the pieces between a folded piece of brown-paper and press down using a saucer or the bottom of a glass jar.
- Lightly re-spray the baking sheet and place the plantains brown side up onto the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- For the Mojo:
- Heat a small sauce pan on low flame, when hot add oil.
- Saute garlic on low for about 2 minutes, do not brown.
- Add sour orange, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and let it come to a boil.
- Shut off and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Tags : Gluten Free, Kid Friendly