Here is Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Frittata recipe, If you are looking for Appetizing recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 1/2 lb asparagus (tough ends trimmed off)
- 1/2 cup shallots (chopped)
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp 1% milk
- 2 tbsp fresh grated Pecorino Romano
- 3 oz reduced fat Swiss cheese (I used Sargento)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus crisp and tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Thinly slice on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat butter in a 10-inch oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in shallots and saute until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add steamed asparagus, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, grated cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add the swiss cheese and mix well.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover the asparagus. Cook on medium for about 4 minutes, until the edges begin to set.
- Move the skillet to oven. Cook about 16 to 18 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Serve hot, cut into 4 to 6 equal wedges.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals