Here is Veggie Latkelles (Waffled Latkes) with Lox recipe, If you are looking for Yummy recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we’re making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 30 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 2 large carrots (peeled and shredded (6 oz))
- 1 large 8 oz zucchini (shredded)
- 1 red bell pepper (shredded)
- 1 medium onion (shredded)
- 2 large russet potatoes (scrubbed and shredded (16 oz))
- 1/4 cup matzo meal (or all-purpose flour (wheat or GF))
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- cooking spray
- Optional For Topping:
- apple sauce
- Nova Lox or smoked salmon
- light sour cream
- chopped dill
- slivered red onion
- capers (drained)
- Using a box grater, grate all the veggies, saving the potatoes for last to prevent browning.
- Squeeze out all the excess liquid well with a cheese cloth or towels.
- Stir in matzo meal or flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Spray waffle iron and heat on medium-low heat.
- Place scant 2/3 cup in the center of the waffle iron and close, cook 5 minutes, until browned and crisp on the edges and cooked through in the center.
- Set aside and repeat with the remaining mixture.
Tags : Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals