Here is Turkey Pastel? (Sweet Plantain Lasagna) recipe, If you’re looking for Enjoyable recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Gluten Free. On this recipe we are making for 9 servings person.
Cook Time : 15 minutes | Serving : 9 servings
- 1.25 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 to mato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 4 oz 1/2 can tomato sauce
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp alcaparrado (capers or green olives would work too)
- cooking spray (I used my mister)
- 4 ripe plantains (peeled and sliced into thin strips)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 3 large egg whites (beaten)
- 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Brown the ground turkey on medium heat in large saute pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, pepper, tomato and cilantro and continue cooking on a low heat.
- Add alcaparrado (or olives and capers) and about 2 tbsp of the brine (this adds great flavor) cumin, oregano, bay leaves, and more salt if needed.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered about 15 minutes.
- Preheat to oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with oil.
- Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat.
- When hot spray with oil to lightly coat the bottom.
- Cook plantains for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden; set aside.
- Assemble by layering the plantains, then the cooked turkey picadillo, then about 1/4 cup of cheese and repeat.
- You want to finish with a layer of plantains.
- Beat the egg and egg whites with 2 tbsp of milk and pour over the pastelon to help bind everything, letting it sit for a minute or two to soak in.
- Top off with the remaining cheese.
- Cover tight with foil and bake in the oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until completely heated through.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces and serve.
Tags : Gluten Free