Here is Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, If you are interested in finding Tasty recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Under 30 Minutes. On this recipe we’re making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 4 thin boneless (skinless cutlets, 4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices low sodium deli ham (I use Boars Head (3 oz total))
- 4 slices light Swiss Cheese such as Alpine Lace (3 oz total)
- chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- * All purpose gluten-free flour works well here.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of the reserved flour, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and half of the chicken.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a dish with the other pieces of chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss, cover the skillet and simmer medium-low for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- To serve use a spatula and transfer the chicken to each dish, spoon the remaining sauce over each piece.
Tags : Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Under 30 Minutes