Here is Butternut Squash Soup with Sage recipe, If you’re looking for Enjoyable recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we’re making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : 60 minutes | Serving : 6 servings
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 cups cubed)
- 1 carrot (peeled)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 celery rib (chopped)
- 6 cups fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves (halved)
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds.
- Cut into medium size cubes. (The easiest way to peel butternut squash is to first cut the top and bottom off the squash. Then cut the squash length wise.)
- In a large heavy pot, combine squash, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sage and broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Discard the sage and using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Add milk and adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve. Great topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian Meals