Here is Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese recipe, If you are interested in finding Tasty recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 7 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 7 servings
- 5 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash (from about 2 small see directions below:)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour (use ap gluten-free flour for GF)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 2 cups 8 oz Sargento 2% reduced fat mild cheddar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups about 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet cut side down. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Separate the strands of squash with a fork and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the squash if watery.
- Maintain the oven temperature.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring continually 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add milk and chicken broth and continue whisking, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil and becomes smooth and thick, about 2 minutes stirring; season with salt and pepper.
- Once it becomes thick, remove from heat, add cheddar cheese and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked spaghetti squash and baby spinach, pour into a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden 25 to 30 minutes.
Tags : Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian Meals