Here is Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe, If you’re interested in finding Yummy recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly. On this recipe we’re making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : 60 minutes | Serving : 6 servings
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1/4 onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers (washed)
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Olive oil spray
- 6 tbsp part skim shredded cheddar cheese*
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray olive oil spray in a medium nonstick skillet and heat on a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through.
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked rice and meat together.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup meat mixture into each pepper half and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top each with 1 tbsp cheese.
- Pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and serve right away.
Tags : Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly