Here is Steamed Mussels with Piri Piri Sauce recipe, If you’re interested in finding Enjoyable recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto Recipes, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Paleo, Under 30 Minutes, Whole 30 Recipes. On this recipe we are making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 20 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds fresh live mussels
- 3/4 cup white wine (use broth for whole30)
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Sit at room temperature while preparing the mussels.
- Place mussels in a colander and rinse them under cold water to remove any sand. Scrub them with a stiff brush under cold running water to remove any sand. The shells will be closed until you cook them, discard any cracked shells. To debeard, use your fingers to firmly pull out the hairy filaments.
- Clean off the outsides with a brush to remove any barnacles or dirt.
- Place 3/4 cups of water and 3/4 cup of white wine in a large pot and bring to boil. Add the mussels, cover and steam until the mussels all open, 5 to 6 minutes. Carefully drain water and divide in 4 bowls.
- Top the mussels with the Piri Piri and enjoy!
Tags : Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto Recipes, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Paleo, Under 30 Minutes, Whole 30 Recipes