Here is Skinny Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli recipe, If you’re interested in finding Yummy recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we’re making for 5 servings person.
Cook Time : | Serving : 5 servings
- 4 oz dry elbow macaroni (I like Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups about 10 oz broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups 2% shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Chop onion, carrot, celery, garlic by hand or mini food processor.
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, melt light butter.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute on low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and fresh pepper to the pot and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add chicken broth, milk, nutmeg and dry mustard powder; whisking constantly.
- Set heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low about 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, parmesan cheese, and stir well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered until broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes or more to your liking.
- Add cheddar, mixing well until cheese melts and immediately remove from heat.
- Add cooked elbows and mix well, adjust salt and pepper if needed.’, “Eat right away so the pasta doesn’t absorb all the broth.”]
Tags : Kid Friendly, Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals