Here is Pumpkin Turkey Chili recipe, If you’re interested in finding Delicious recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly. On this recipe we are making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 6 servings
- 1 large yellow onion (diced (about 2 cups))
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange, diced)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced (or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder))
- 113 pounds ground turkey or chicken (90 to 93 percent lean)
- One 15-ounce can white beans (drained and rinsed)
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 14 cup tomato paste (no salt added)
- One 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 112 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice)
- 212 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Avocado (optional)
- Sour cream or Nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Liberally coat a large pot or Dutch oven with oil spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Add the garlic, stir everything together, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey or chicken. Use a spatula or large spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. Continue to cook about 6 to 7 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pumpkin puree, broth, chili powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice), cumin, black pepper, and optional cayenne pepper, and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving, add the spinach and mix throughout.
- Enjoy the chili with desired toppings, such as avocado, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, cilantro, and salsa.
- Press saute on the instant pot, then follow the steps 1 to 5, cook 15 min high pressure, natural release. Add the spinach just before serving.
Tags : Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Kid Friendly