Here is Chicken Divan, Lightened Up recipe, If you are interested in finding Tasty recipe,you can simply look with recipe category in Kid Friendly. On this recipe we’re making for 6 servings person.
Cook Time : | Serving : 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs broccoli (3 large heads chopped)
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 18 oz cooked)
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp shallots (minced (onions would work too))
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 oz dry sherry (white wine would work)
- 6 oz shredded reduced-fat swiss
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using a grill pan or Forman grill, saute chicken on medium-low heat on both sides until browned, and just about cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board.
- When cooled, slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter and oil until melted and then add garlic and shallots.
- Sprinkle the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in broth, milk and sherry and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the swiss cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli in a casserole dish and pour half of the sauce over the broccoli.
- Arrange the chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining swiss cheese, grated parmesan and top with breadcrumbs.
- Spray a little oil on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, serve hot.
Tags : Kid Friendly