Here is Arroz Con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas) recipe, If you’re looking for Enjoyable recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we’re making for 7 servings person.
Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serving : 7 servings
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white onion
- 4 medium scallions
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 15 oz can pigeon peas or gandules, drained
- 2 cups of uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 chicken bullion like Maggi (or vegetable bullion for vegans)
- 1 packet of Sazon
- Chop all sofrito items in a food processor or chopper.
- In a caldero or heavy pot with a lid, heat oil on medium.
- Stir in onion, scallion, cilantro, pepper and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and salt cook another minute.
- Stir in rice and blend well.
- Add gandules, water, bullion, sazon, salt and taste liquid for flavor.
- Mix well. Add more salt if needed.
- Reduce flame to medium-low and let water boil down until it is completely absorbed.
- Once water barely skims the top, set flame to low and cover for 20 minutes without stirring or lifting the lid.
- The steam will cook the rice.
Tags : Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Meals