Here is Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe, If you are looking for Yummy recipe,you can just search with recipe category in Gluten Free, Whole 30 Recipes. On this recipe we’re making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 45 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 2 acorn squash (halved, seeded)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 10 ounces canned Rotel mild tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp cheese (omit for Whole 30 and dairy free)
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place squash halves on the baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake until soft, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown turkey over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks into smaller pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- When meat is browned and cooked through add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the can of Rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat about 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf, flip the squash over and fill each half with 3/4 cup chili.
- Top with cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Top with cilantro.
Tags : Gluten Free, Whole 30 Recipes