Here is Slow Cooker Moroccan Chickpea Stew recipe, If you are interested in finding Yummy recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Slow Cooker Recipes. On this recipe we are making for 7 servings person.
Cook Time : | Serving : 7 servings
- cooking spray
- 1.3 lb package 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (light)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 tbsp poblano pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans chick peas, drained
- 2 cups low sodium (99% fat free chicken broth*)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley or spearmint (chopped)
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and over medium high heat cook ground turkey for 10-12 minutes.
- Break up the ground meat and mix so meat cooks evenly; place in the slow cooker.
- To the skillet add the olive oil, onions, pepper, carrots, and celery and saute until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker along with diced tomatoes, chick peas, spices, broth and gently mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and serve; garnish with fresh herbs.
Tags : Dairy Free, Freezer Meals, Gluten Free, Slow Cooker Recipes