Here is Flounder Piccata recipe, If you are looking for Tasty recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Under 30 Minutes. On this recipe we are making for 4 servings person.
Cook Time : 30 minutes | Serving : 4 servings
- 4 flounder filets (17 oz total)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- juice of 1 lemon (lemon halves reserved)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp capers (drained)
- sliced lemon (for serving)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (for serving)
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat oven to 200.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Place the bread crumbs in another dish. Dip each fish filet in the egg whites, then bread crumbs.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the fish, and lay it in the pan, oil side down. Spray the other side of the fish generously to coat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until fish is opaque and cooked through.
- Set aside on a platter in a warm oven until you make the sauce.
- Over medium heat in the same pan, melt butter, add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth and the reserved lemon halves, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Boil over high heat until the liquid is reduced to half, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Discard the lemon halves, add the capers and spoon the sauce over the fish; place a slice of lemon on each filet and top with fresh parsley.
Tags : Under 30 Minutes