Here is Fettuccini with Winter Greens and Poached Egg recipe, If you are looking for Tasteful recipe,you can simply search with recipe category in Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals. On this recipe we are making for 2 Servings person.
Cook Time : 15 minutes | Serving : 2 Servings
- 4 ounces egg fettuccini
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion (sliced thin)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 sprig Fresh thyme (leaves stripped from stem)
- 4 ounces 4 cups chopped winter greens, such as chard, escarole, spinach or kale
- 2 large eggs
- fresh shaved Parmesan (optional for serving)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, to poach the eggs fill a large deep skillet with about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Crack the eggs into individual bowls. Gently slide eggs one at a time into the simmering water. Using a spoon, gently nudge the egg whites toward center of yolk. Cook for 2-3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3-4 minutes for a firmer-set yolk. With a slotted spoon or spatula, remove eggs one at a time and drain on paper towels.
- While the pasta and eggs cook, in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the oil, red onion, season with 1/8th tsp salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the greens and 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the greens turn bright green and are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the pasta and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to two individual bowls, about 1 1/2 cups each. Top with the egg and serve with grated cheese and fresh cracked pepper, if desired.
Tags : Under 30 Minutes, Vegetarian Meals