Here is Chicken Barley Soup recipe, If you are interested in finding Tasty recipe,you can just look with recipe category in Dairy Free, Freezer Meals. On this recipe we are making for 6 person.
Cook Time : 75 minutes | Serving : 6
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1-1/2 lbs skinless bone-in chicken breast (makes 14 oz cooked)
- 7 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup dry barley
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large heavy pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add the oil, carrots, onion, celery and garlic to the pot and stir.
- Add chicken, broth, parsley, and bay leaves and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer covered over low heat until the chicken and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, shred or cut the meat, discard the bones and return the chicken to the pot along with the barley, adjust the salt if needed and add fresh ground pepper. Simmer an additional 40 minutes, until the barley is cooked.
- Discard the bay leaves and serve. Makes about 9 cups.
Tags : Dairy Free, Freezer Meals